Terms and Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions before using the BuyTheDomains™ web site. If the following conditions are not acceptable to you, do not access the web site, or use the information contained on it in any way. Each and every user of this web site must be 18 years of age or older, and have the ability to enter into a legally binding contract. By making an offer to purchase a domain name for sale on BuyTheDomains™, you agree that your offer is a firm legal offer to purchase and will be subject to the terms and conditions listed below:
- BuyTheDomains.com™ (referred to as "BuyTheDomains™ ", or "We", throughout the rest of this agreement) is the exclusive agent for all domain names listed for sale on this web site. BuyTheDomains™ is not acting as an agent of any Purchaser. We will handle all transactions and will act as the bidding intermediary and Domain Name transfer agent for all names listed on our site.
- All successful Purchasers must deposit the contracted amount in the BuyTheDomains™ escrow accounts at Escrow.com™, or the accredited domain escrow service of the buyers choice. After the funds have been deposited in the escrow account, BuyTheDomains™ will facilitate the completion of all agreement and documentation required to transfer the registration to the Purchaser. Purchaser's funds will be released by the escrow agent to Seller once buyers registrar completes the transfers registration of the domain name(s) to the Buyer and this fact is confirmed by reviewing the ICANN "whois" database.
- Seller is offering to relinquish its right, title, and interest in the registration of the respective second level Domain Names listed above and to co-operate in effecting the transfer of the domain names to the successful Purchaser. Purchase of the Domain Names is contingent upon Purchaser abiding by the rules of the applicable domain name registrar, the Purchaser's completion of all documentation required by the registrar, and the subsequent transfer of the domain name registration by the registrar to the Purchaser. Seller is not responsible for the failure or refusal of the domain name registrar to permit the Purchaser to register the purchased Domain Names, and Seller will not refund any portion of the purchase price to the Purchaser if the domain name registrar refuses to allow the purchaser to register the purchased domain name(s).
- Sellers are offering the Domain Name registration rights only. Sellers are offering no additional intellectual property rights, i.e. web sites, web designs, logos, copyrights, trademarks, patent rights, moral rights, or other intellectual property rights of any kind.
- Any prices listed on the BuyTheDomains™ site are the best estimate of what the Domain Names should command on the open market. Seller has the right to sell for more or less than this price. Seller also has the right to accept, reject, or counter any offer(s). There are no time limits on bidding and a name may be withdrawn from the market at any time, for any reason. We reserve the right not to forward excessively low bids (generally defined as $200, or considerably less than half of the suggested retail price) to Seller.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
- THE DOMAIN NAMES AND OTHER RIGHTS OFFERED FOR SALE ARE SOLD "AS IS." EXCEPT AS MAY BE SET FORTH HEREIN, NEITHER WE, NOR THE SELLER(S) MAKES ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THE DOMAIN NAMES, OR OTHER RIGHTS PURCHASED BY THE PURCHASER. SELLER(S) ARE OFFERING THESE RIGHTS FOR SALE WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL SELLER(S) BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE DOMAIN NAMES, OR OTHER RIGHTS OFFERED FOR SALE BY SELLER. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF SELLER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SELLER'S LIABILITY IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Buyer(s) will pay any domain name registration fees to complete the transfer, as well as any and all escrow and related fees. The Buyer has the option of using any domain registrar. We recommend Escrow.com™ for domain name escrow services, but are open to other accredited domain name escrow services. Neither Seller, nor BuyTheDomains™ is responsible for any delays in the transfer of a domain name registration by the domain name registrar or registry. The transfer of the registration is beyond the control of Seller and BuyTheDomains™. The time period for the transfer of a Domain Name may exceed 10-15 business days.
- The transfer of the rights offered for sale are contingent upon the execution of contracts and other documents to be negotiated, which may include a Domain Name Transfer Agreement, Registrant Name Change Agreement, Escrow Agreement and other agreements concerning any continued intellectual property rights Seller may claim in any domain name offered for sale, as well as reasonable documentation and contracts required by the Escrow Agent.
- Any taxes arising from the sale of the Web sites, Domain Names, rights or other assets offered for sale are the sole responsibility of the Buyer.
BuyTheDomains™ reserves the right to refuse to deal with any person for any reason.
- All bids must contain the following information:
- the name of the specific person who will act as the key contact for the bidder.
- the legal name, address, phone number and e-mail address of the bidder.
- the Domain Name(s) upon which you are bidding.
- method of payment, payment terms, any special provisions.
All bids are considered firm offers to purchase. Consequently, if bidders need to secure preliminary approvals from other parties (such as boards of directors, lenders, etc.) such preliminary approvals should be secured before the bid is submitted.
Questions or Problems?
Click Here to Contact BuyTheDomains™
Toll Free Mon-Fri 9am-5pm Central at 877-497-4677